• Thank you for joining our forum. Just wanted to take a moment to point out a very hot camshow! Make sure you use our link to join chaturbate - CLICK HERE! Then search for thewestwingxxx if you want an EXCELLENT cuckold cam!

How does the new story draft and submit work with editors?

Deutalo

Author!
Author
In the new "self-service" style story submitting tool, I can create drafts and manage chapters and also add co-authors and editors. What can editors or co-authors do with the story? Can they just change it? I'm still fairly new and only worked once with someone who wanted to edit my story, and we were using messages to send drafts back and forth. That was nice, because sometimes they would edit something out and I asked them to put it back and maybe reword it if it was unclear etc. I wouldn't want someone going into the draft, deleting a bunch of stuff and then I have to walk through some copies I have laying around to get it back, if we later decide to add it in again. Also how should we ask for editing now? You used to post the full text into "Stories in need of editors" but with the draft system now, that seems kind of redundant. Should I just create a thread there saying "Hey, I have this story, contact me and I'll add you as editor?"

Also: I can manage chapters but they are hidden behind the "manage chapters" button and I don't see something like "Next chapter". When I publish them, how would they show up? I haven't come across a story that made use of that feature I think, because all the multi-part stories I have seen, make no mention in the UI that there are previous chapters or next chapters or something. Did I just overlook something? My draft is like 9000 words now, given the average story length here, I think splitting it up would make kind of sense and I have obvious points in the story where a break would fit in naturally. If the chapter feature is not the right thing, I can also just submit the parts as single stories, even though, they don't really make sense without the other parts.

Editors can help clean up and proof-read your text, and co-authors are exactly what they sound like. Someone who helps you write the story. Yes, it can be changed. As far as finding editors, we have exactly one editor on board right now lol... toni. Toni boy

You can add a chapter by hitting the button labeled 'add chapter', which is directly in the nav bar above your story. Here is a good example of what it looks like when you add chapters: Even Trade - note the 'Table of Contents' on the right hand side of the page.

Cool, the chapter UI looks good. Looks like I just didn't come across a story that used it.
I know what editors are in principle. I just meant, what they are able to do on the site, if I add them in the draft UI. Like, do they also get an edit button on the story and are able to rewrite the text, or just read it for example.

Back